An all-new digital nanosensor platform intended to significantly disrupt the medical diagnostics industry
REplacing 50-year-old testing technology
Every “new” COVID test that hits the market relies on the same longstanding chemical reactions that were discovered more than 50 years ago. IdentifySensors Biologics and Purdue University have developed new digital nanosensors that rapidly detect COVID-19 and a host of other infections as accurately as a PCR test.
- This is the technological breakthrough that will move medical testing past antiquated chemistry and into the digital era. Soon, consumers and businesses will have an over-the-counter electronic testing device in their medicine cabinet.
- Similar to a home pregnancy test, personal testing technology will accurately and rapidly detect COVID-19, COVID variants, influenza, measles, mumps, STDs and host of other infections. All current chemical-reaction tests soon will be replaced by fast and affordable digital nanosensors that connect easily to a smartphone.
- Before the pandemic, Purdue University and IdentifySensors Biologics were developing the new nanosensors to detect a wide range of pathogens far more effectively than current chemical tests. When COVID-19 hit, the development team accelerated the research.
- Today, Purdue is in discussions with the FDA about a new over-the-counter testing platform intended to not only mitigate the pandemic, it could forever disrupt medical diagnostics with home testing.
- By replacing 50-year-old chemical tests with digital nanosensors, it is intended that consumers, businesses and health care organizations soon will be able to rapidly test any one, any where for a wide range of infections, without a prescription, a laboratory or delayed results. Test cartridges are expected to cost less than $24 each.
Purdue University and IdentifySensors Biologics have partnered to create Check4™: a highly accurate, over-the-counter platform device intended to rapidly detect COVID-19 RNA and many other infections as accurately as a PCR test using newly developed nanosensors, saliva and a smartphone.
The Check4 reusable reader is intended to cost $130. Each COVID test cartridge is intended to cost less than $25. Both are intended to be released to the public with FDA approval this year. This patented and patent-pending technology soon is intended to also detect variant strains of COVID-19, influenza, HIV/AIDS, STDs, Lyme disease and other infections—offering investors long-term value well beyond the pandemic.
NOT JSUT ANOTHER COVID TEST
Early and asymptomatic infections play the single largest role in the spread of the pandemic. CDC research shows that long waits and false results are allowing the virus to spread. Check4-COVID™ is intended to be a rapid, affordable self-testing device that catches spreadable infections that other home tests miss.
This includes variant strains of COVID-19. This over-the-counter device is intended to be used entirely at home, at work or on the go without a lab or a prescription.
This new technology platform is intended to forever disrupt the diagnostics industry with a new home solution that moves testing for multiple infections away from health clinics and into the home.
IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Trillion Has Been Spent Globally
Trillion Has Been Spent BY THE US
A GLOBAL PROBLEM
New CDC research found that people who don’t show COVID symptoms may be responsible for 59 percent of transmissions. This includes 35 percent who are presymptomatic and 24 percent who never develop symptoms at all. Check4-COVID is intended to catch these infections and variant strains of the virus instantly, at home or on the go, disrupting the diagnostics industry.
ANSWERING A GLOBAL NEED
Antigen test results are wrong most of the time. PCR tests require a doctor, a lab and long wait times for results. A highly accurate, affordable home test that instantly catches early and asymptomatic infections is the breakthrough that will slow the pandemic and forever change medical testing. There is currently no home test that is both accessible and accurate enough to slow the spread. Check4-COVID™ uses all-new technology intended to not only slow viral transmission; it is intended to set new standards in over-the-counter home diagnostics for a variety of pathogens. It is intended that consumers will soon have a testing laboratory in their medicine cabinet, forever changing the need for clinical diagnostics.
Check4-COVID™ is inteneded to meet an immediate public need, but our technology has the capability to go beyond COVID-19 testing to provide rapid results among a wide range of pathogens. Our focus for the near future include:
THE GOLD STANDARD IN ACCURACY
Most home tests produce a high percentage of false positives and false negatives. With the help of infectious disease specialists at Purdue University, we’ve designed Check4-COVID™ to meet the gold-standard in hospital-grade molecular testing that is taken entirely at home without a prescription and long wait times.
WHY DO CURRENT COVID TESTS GIVE FALSE RESULTS?
The accuracy of current tests depends on:
- A good sample or nasal swab that is well preserved and transported to a lab without contamination. Current home tests rely on untrained users.
- Amplification of the virus. Current chemical tests can’t detect COVID-19 without amplification. In many cases, samples have insufficient virus material, requiring the test to multiply the virus millions of times.
- Preparing the sample. Once a sample safely reaches a laboratory, it is chemically treated. If the wrong reagents are used, or if they have deteriorated, this offers yet another opportunity for error.
WHAT MAKES CHECK4-COVID™ DIFFERENT FROM CURRENT TESTS?
Check4-COVID™ accurately detects COVID-19 through newly developed nanosensors, without the need for a lab, amplification or chemical reactions. This means:
- No need to transport a clean sample to a lab and risk contamination.
- No amplification of the virus is needed.
- No need to prepare the sample in a lab for machine testing.
Meet Our Leadership
Our team includes world-leading scientists, executives and business advisors, who ensure our ability to deliver this test to market soon. We have the expertise and credentials to bring Check4-COVID™ to consumers, hospitals and point-of-care facilities worldwide.
Co-Founder & CEO
Dr. Lia Stanciu, Ph.D.
Amit Barui, Ph.D.
Rupesh Mishra, Ph.D.
Dr. Richard Kuhn
OUR COLLECTIVE EXPERTISE INCLUDES:
- The director of Purdue University’s Institute of Inflammation Immunology and Infectious Diseases, who worked with the recent Nobel Prize-winning team.
- The assistant director of Purdue’s Institute of Inflammation, Immunology and Infectious Diseases, whose renowned work focused on molecular biology.
- One of the world’s leading researchers in materials engineering at Purdue University.
- A leading biomedical researcher at Purdue University.
- A former Cleveland Clinic Surgeon and NASA Consultant.
- A biomedical engineering professor at North Carolina State University, who has published more than 200 peer-reviewed articles in biomedical materials.
- A former Sales and Marketing Executive at Cisco Systems.
- A founding partner of Hudson Capital Advisors.
- A former electrical engineering manager for Rockwell Automation.
- A former CFO of Whirlpool and Procter & Gamble.
- A former CEO of Catalina Marketing Corp., who serves on the boards of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers, SC Johnson, and Prestige Brands.
Periodically, we post new videos about company progress. Register here to receive alerts.
IN THE NEWS
MEDIA & PRESS INQUIRES CONNECT WITH IDENTIFYSENSORS Communications: Joe Mosbrook (216) 375-2141 firstname.lastname@example.orgRelated Articles
Bloomberg Business – IdentifySensors Biologics Develops Fast, Accurate, Over-the-counter RNA COVID Self-test
MEDIA & PRESS INQUIRES CONNECT WITH IDENTIFYSENSORS Communications: Joe Mosbrook (216) 375-2141 email@example.comRelated Articles
Article Source: Cleveland.comBut when the coronavirus pandemic struck, the two partners realized they could adapt the technology to test for COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. Now they think the technology could be the wave of the future, allowing someone to test...
What does IdentifySensors Biologics do?
Check4™ is intended to be a fast, accurate and affordable saliva self-test for COVID-19 and a host of other infections. Results are displayed within minutes on a smartphone app, with accuracy that far exceeds current rapid home tests.
How is Check4-COVID different from all other COVID tests?
New CDC research shows that current rapid home tests give false results more than 50 percent of the time. Check4-COVID is intended to an over-the-counter rapid test with the accuracy of a PCR test. Reducing false negatives rapidly by this margin will be critical to slowing the spread and allowing people to return to normal.
Do healthcare professionals need to administer the test?
No. Check4-COVID™ is intended to be a simple self-test, similar to a home DNA test. Check4-COVID™ allows consumers to test their saliva on a device that connects to a smartphone. Results appear on the app within minutes in the privacy of a user’s home.
How does the test work?
Consumers buy a small, simple device and download the free smartphone app. A saliva sample is placed in the device, and the results appear within minutes on the app. It is intended that inexpensive replaceable cartridges will allow endless, affordable testing on each device.
How accurate is Check4-COVID™?
Following FDA approval, Check4-COVID™ intends to meet the gold-standard in hospital-grade molecular COVID testing with minimal false positives. This is significantly better than current home rapid tests.
Why does the test notify health authorities?
By law, all COVID test results must be reported to health authorities to help manage the pandemic. Check4-COVID™ is an electronic-based, self-test that fulfills legal reporting requirements automatically through smartphones.
Why does the test use a smartphone app?
Chemical-based tests often rely on visual indicators. Check4-COVID™ uses an electronic circuit, which enables a signal to be sent to smartphones. The app then reports results to health authorities, which is required by law.
What if I don’t have a smartphone?
The smartphone app allows multiple users on a single device. This enables family members who do not have smartphones to use the device and app belonging to someone with a smartphone.
Do I have to buy multiple devices to test other family members?
No. A family can share the same device. The smartphone app is intended to allow multiple users so family members can share the same app and device, while interchanging different test cartridges.
Is the Smartphone app HIPAA compliant? What happens to my personal information?
By law, all test results must be reported to state and federal health authorities. All information collected by the IdentifySensors app is confidential and shared only with government agencies that require it. Some test results are de-identified, meaning that names are removed from the test results. All data is treated by the same high standards as secure hospital records. The app is securely encrypted and fully HIPAA compliant.
Can I turn off the reporting function of the app?
No. By law, all test results for contagious diseases must be reported to state, and federal health authorities. All information collected by the Check4-COVID™ app is encrypted, confidential, and follows high hospital standards for HIPAA-compliant privacy.
How much will the test cost?
It is intended that the reusable reader will cost $130. Each test cartridge will cost less than $25. The accuracy of the test and the low cost are intended to promote more frequent testing.
How can I be sure the test is accurate?
World-renowned scientists at Purdue University, who specialize in infectious diseases, have been developing and verifying the test’s accuracy for commercialization. The test is intended to be available to consumers following FDA approval, which is anticipated this year.
What is the problem with current rapid tests?
New CDC research shows that more than 50 percent of current rapid test results are incorrect. Most PCR tests currently in use are expensive and take far too long for the results. These chemical-based tests often require samples to be transported to a laboratory for results.
When will the test be available to consumers?
Industry-leading scientists at Purdue University who specialize in infectious diseases have been developing and verifying the test for commercialization. The test is intended to be available to consumers following FDA approval this year.
Where will the test be sold?
Check4-COVID™ is intended to be sold online and through retail stores, such as pharmacies and grocery stores. High-volume commercial versions of the test are intended to be available to healthcare facilities and businesses through wholesale channels.
Can the test be used to minimize quarantine times?
Yes. Check4-COVID™ is intended to be fast, inexpensive and accurate, which enables frequent self-testing at home and without wait. Individuals infected with COVID-19, who quarantine at home, can self-test as often as they like to minimize quarantine times and return to their lives as soon as possible.
Is the test technology patented?
Yes, IdentifySensors holds several patents on various facets of the technology. Other patents are pending.
When will the product be available on the market?
Product development is in its final stages now. It is intended that the test will be available in 2021, following FDA approval.
How long will the FDA approval process take?
Check4-COVID™ soon will be submitted for FDA approval. We cannot be sure how long that process will last, but the process typically lasts a few weeks.
What plans does the company have for the product have after the pandemic?
The unique technology enables the test to be easily modified for other pathogens, including other coronaviruses, influenza, Zika, dengue, HIV/AIDS, hepatitis C, Lyme disease, mumps, measles, chickenpox, and methicillin-resistant staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA), as well as foodborne pathogens.
How will this test help curb the pandemic?
The majority of COVID transmissions are spread by asymptomatic and early infections. PCR tests can take days for the results, and rapid home tests are incorrect more than 50 percent of the time. Check4-COVID is intended to provide immediate results with the accuracy of a PCR lab test. It is the best of both tests. Experts agree that vaccines and the combination of instant and accurate testing holds the key to curbing the pandemic.
How can businesses benefit from this test?
Customers and employees could be allowed into facilities more readily with more frequent testing. Offices, manufacturing facilities, and restaurants, for example, could require self-tests of their employees. Sports facilities, airlines, and concert halls, for example, could require fans to display their self-test results on their smartphones before entering.
How will the test benefit hospitals, health care facilities, and nursing homes?
The self-tests are intended to be fast, accurate and affordable. Frontline workers and nursing-home employees, for example, could test themselves, and their patients daily, and isolate positive cases. Slowing the spread of the virus can help hospitals manage the best use of their facilities.